Coastal Lawyers- FAQ’S
Some of our most frequently asked questions are answered below.
FAQ’S – GENERALLY
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS (in general)
Contacting a lawyer / solicitor may seem completely overwhelming, but it doesn’t need to be.
Below we answer some of our most frequently asked questions about our services.
1. DO COASTAL LAWYERS OFFER A FREE INITIAL CONSULTATION?
Yes. Coastal Lawyers offer all our potential clients a free 15 minute discovery call so you can find out whether we can help you with your problem and get an idea of costs.
Book your appointment online using our convenient online booking system.
2. DO COASTAL LAWYERS OFFER FACE TO FACE CONSULTATIONS?
Yes. We offer an initial conference both ‘face to face’ or by video depending on your preference.
The cost for an initial consultation is $300. The conference is usually an hour-long.
Our offices are located in Gosford on the NSW Central Coast.
3. MY ENQUIRY IS URGENT CAN I SPEAK TO SOMEONE AFTER HOURS OR ON THE WEEKEND?
Coastal Lawyers have a 24 hour advice line for urgent enquires.
If you have been arrested or charged by police on the weekend or after hours you can call us on 0410 929 018.
4. WHAT IS THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN A LAWYER AND A SOLICITOR?
Lawyers and solicitors are both the same. We provide people with legal advice and representation at court.
5. WHAT COURTS DO COASTAL LAWYERS ATTEND?
Coastal Lawyers attend the following courts.
- Wyong Local Court
- Gosford Local Court
- Gosford District Court
- Woy Woy Local Court
- Woy Woy Children’s Court
- Newcastle Local Court
- Newcastle District Court
- The Supreme Court Sydney
- The Supreme Court Newcastle
- The Family Court Newcastle
- The Family Court Parramatta
- The Family Court Sydney
- Federal Circuit Court Newcastle
- Federal Circuit Court Parramatta
- Federal Circuit Court Sydney
FAQ’S – CRIMINAL AND TRAFFIC MATTERS
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT CRIMINAL & TRAFFIC MATTERS
1. I AM WORRIED ABOUT LOSING MY LICENCE WHAT SHOULD I DO?
At Coastal Lawyers we understand the significant impact the loss of your driver’s licence can have on your ability to earn an income.
We can explain the penalties you may be facing, clearly set out your options and give you the best chance at keeping your licence.
2. I WAS CONVICTED IN MY ABSENCE CAN YOU HELP ME?
If you have been convicted in your absence, it is crucial to obtain urgent legal advice.
You may be able to make a Section 4 annulment application.
Book an appointment with Coastal Lawyers now.
3. I REPRESENTED MYSELF IN THE LOCAL COURT AND I AM NOT HAPPY WITH THE RESULT, CAN YOU HELP ME?
If you were self-represented in the Local Court you may have a right of appeal. Strict time limits apply.
Book an appointment with Coastal Lawyers so we can give you an obligation free appraisal of your appeal prospects.
4. IF I GET A CRIMINAL CONVICTION I WILL LOOSE MY JOB, CAN YOU HELP ME?
Any decision as to a conviction is ultimately a matter for the Magistrate. However, we can take a look at your case and give you a realistic idea of your chance of obtaining a non-conviction.
FAQ’S – FAMILY LAW
1. WHEN SHOULD I SPEAK WITH A LAWYER ABOUT MY FAMILY LAW MATTER?
At Coastal Lawyers we recommend obtaining legal advice about your family law matter before you separate – if possible.
We understand that this is not always possible.
2. WHAT ARE THE DIFFERENT TYPES OF PARENTING ARRANGEMENTS THAT CAN BE MADE?
Parenting Arrangements can be broken down into the following:
1. Informal verbal arrangements
2. Informal written arrangements
3. Parenting Plans
4. Consent Orders
5. Parenting Orders
Coastal Lawyers are passionate about assisting families to create workable parenting arrangements to enable positive co-parenting relationships and reduce conflict. We believe decisions should be made with the best interests of children being the priority.
3. WHAT ARE MY OPTIONS FOR A PROPERTY SETTLEMENT?
Parties are entitled to separate their property privately on separation in any way that they like provided that both parties agree.
The options include:
1. Informal arrangements
2. Consent Orders
3. Financial Agreements
4. Final Orders
Property Settlements have strict time limits. You should always consider seeking legal advice when it comes to a property settlements.
4. HOW DO I GET A DIVORCE?
You can only make an ‘Application for Divorce’ after 12 months of separation.
Coastal Lawyers can guide you through the divorce process. We provide a fixed-fee quote when it comes to Divorce Applications.
Family Law Strategy Session
How It Works
Book a video call or face to face call online with a family lawyer in complete confidence.
Complete our detailed Family Law Questionnaire.
Find out your legal rights, responsibilities and have your questions answered in a 1 hour conference for $330 (including GST).